Six People or Less (96XX / J179 Series)
The main difference between the old 4600 series phones and the new 96XX / J179 series is the row of buttons at the bottom of the screen. These soft keys change as your call changes. For instance, during a normal phone call the left button will read “Hold;” when you press that button to hold the call, it will change to read “Resume.” These keys also control conference calling on the newer phones, so you will need to watch them to see how they change
Add another party to a call
- Dial the first party, and then press the “Conf” button at the bottom of the screen.
- The line’s display area changes to white text with a dark gray background.
- The current call is placed on hold, and the soft keys change to read “History, Contacts, Clear, and Cancel.”
- You hear a dial tone.
- Dial the number of the next party and wait for an answer. The soft keys will change to read “Join, Drop, Hold, and Cancel."
- Press the “Join” button to add the new party to the call.
- Repeat Steps 1- 3 for each party you want to conference in to the call.
Add a held call to the current call
- Press the “Conf” soft key at the bottom of the screen.
- Press the Line/Feature button of the held call.
- Press the “Join” soft key at the bottom of the screen.
- All parties should now be connected.
Drop the last person added to the call
Press the Drop button, and the last party connected to the conference call is released from the call.
Conference Calling - More Than Six People
For assistance with placing a conference call with more than six parties - contact ITS-Events to request a Bluejeans audio meeting.