Microsoft (MS) Teams Meetings have numerous helpful features available; this guide will cover those most applicable for Meeting Organizers/Presenters and Back Channel Assistants.
Downloading an attendance roster for a Teams meeting is a very simple:
During the Meeting
- Open the Show Participants view by clicking the “people” icon on the Meeting Controls toolbar
- Click the More option (ellipsis) and select Download attendance list
- Meeting Attendance will be saved in your Downloads folder as an Excel file
After the meeting
You'll find the attendance report in a few different places.
In the meeting invite
In Teams, go to Calendar , open the meeting, and select the Attendance tab. You can view the data directly in Teams.
For recurring meetings, select the report you want to view from the dropdown list.
The attendance report is also available on the Details tab.
The Attendance tab is not available for channel meetings.
In the meeting chat
A tile labeled Attendance report will pop into the chat about five minutes after your meeting ends. Select it to download the .CSV file to your device.
Note: For recurring meetings, you'll receive a unique attendance report after each occurrence.
Known issues and limitations
If you're looking for an attendance report for a breakout room, it will show up in the room's chat only after someone in the room has activated the chat by sending a message.
The report does not currently include view-only attendees.
If a channel meeting is in progress and someone starts a second meeting within the same channel conversation, an attendance report will be available only for the second meeting.
If someone waits in the lobby and doesn't get admitted to the meeting, they won't be included in the report.
To mute all meeting participants (audio) and avoid background noise and feedback:
- Open the Participant view pane and select Mute all at the top right of the participant list
You may unmute one or more participants by clicking the microphone icon next to their name; participants may also unmute themselves by using the microphone icon on their Meeting Controls toolbar.
To stop all incoming video feed (participants’ cameras),1. Click the More Actions (ellipsis) on the Meeting Controls toolbar, and select Turn off incoming video; this will stop all video feed from participants; participants can turn their camera on by selecting the video icon on their Meeting Controls toolbar
RECORDING A MEETING
You may wish to have your meeting recorded for one reason or another. Meeting organizers and all participants joining with their FGCU credentials may start and/or stop a meeting recording.
To start recording:
1. Click the More Actions (ellipsis) on the Meeting Controls toolbar and select Start recording
*NOTE: Only one recording can be captured for a meeting; multiple participants cannot record individually
A notification will appear at the top of the screen letting all participants know that recording has begun; click Dismiss to remove it.
2. To stop recording, repeat the process and select Stop recording
The Meeting Chat pane is used for meeting participants to post questions or comments; the meeting host/presenter or Back Channel Assistant may use it to post information for participants, links to websites, documents, images, etc. during the meeting.
To access the Meeting Chat:
1. Click the Chat icon on the Meeting Controls toolbar to open the Meeting Chat pane
2. Meeting participants can type a message, post a link, etc. while the meeting is in progress
*NOTE: Participants who joined the meeting without authenticating (signing in with FGCU credentials) may not have access to all the meeting features, including Chat
Participants can use the Raise Hand feature during the meeting to let the presenter know they would like to participate audibly.
To raise your hand during a meeting:
- Click the Raise Hand icon on the Meeting Controls toolbar
- A hand icon will appear above the Participant icon on the Meeting Control toolbar, letting everyone in the meeting know that a participant has their hand raised and is waiting to be called upon
- The hand icon also appears next to the participant’s name in the Participants (People) display pane
4. You may call on the participant and have them unmute their microphone to contribute; to lower the participant’s hand, click the raised hand icon next to their name in the Participant pane and select Lower hand from the menu. (The participant may also do this him/herself by using the Lower your hand icon on their Meeting Controls toolbar)