Your acceptance letter from FGCU titled "Welcome to FGCU" will contain instructions on how to access your account for the first time.
Visit https://www.fgcu.edu/myaccount and click on the claim account option:
Step 1: Enter your user information: (Figure 1)
Enter the requested information to identify yourself to the system.
NOTE: Please use the first and last name that were in the email you received from FGCU when filling this out.
- First name
- Last name
- The UIN listed in the email you received from FGCU
- Enter your birthday
- Solve the CAPTCHA
- Click "Submit"
- Read FGCU's Technology Acceptable Use Policy
- Accept if you agree
Step 3: User Details (Figure 3)
The system will display your EagleAccess ID. Please write this down as you will use this to log into many of FGCU's systems
Step 4: Manage security questions (Figure 4)
You will be asked to enter your security questions that you can use in the future to change or reset your password.
- You can change each question by clicking on the pencil next to the question, or use the default questions (Figure 5)
- Answers have to be a minimum of 3 characters long
- Click "Submit" when you are done
Step 5: Create and confirm your new password (Figure 6)
- Set your password following the policy on the right
- Click "Reset Password" when you are done
- If your password does not meet the password standard, the system will show you why it did not work so you can make the necessary adjustments (Figure 7)
NOTE - If you start this process and do not finish it, you will need to call the University Help Desk to finish your setup.
Figure 1 - Entering your user information
Figure 2 - Acceptable Use Policy
Figure 3 - User Details
Figure 4 - Manage your security questions
Figure 5 - Change security questions
Figure 6 - Create your password
Figure 7 - Password policy