For a video demonstration of the steps below, click the link:
Editing location in Avaya Messaging can be done with these steps below:
Login to Avaya Messaging with…
- Office365 if personal extension
- UC Sign-in if mainline / department extension
Upon logging in, make sure the greeting style you wish to use has a recording or a default greeting will play. If a recording is already completed, skip to step #4!
- Select “Greetings” to listen, record, and delete any greeting your phone can use.
- Once selected, navigate to Location Greeting…
- A variety of locations are available to use; a detailed explanation for all these locations and their usage will be presented in the future. For now, Extended Absence functions exactly as it has in the past and is available to record!
- Once the recording is complete, navigate to the largest button “Change Current Location”
- In the menu, select “Override my location calendar and set my current location”; you will then click the “Current Location” drop down and select the desired location.
- Once done, you can select options to be at the location till a set time, an activity with your synchronized Outlook calendar hits, or until you manually change this location.
- To turn the location back manually, select the “Current Location” drop down as “in Office” and select the “Use my locations calendar” selection. This will turn things back to normal!