This article contains information on how to update your Pulse Secure Client.
Notes: Before updating your Pulse Secure client, you must first uninstall any Pulse Secure software that you may have on your machine.
Uninstalling your Current Version of Pulse Secure
- In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then select Control Panel.
- From Control Panel, open up Programs and Features.
- Uninstall all entries of Pulse Secure
* there could be different variations based on currently installed version - you could have more or less entries of Pulse Secure than the images below *
** you may be presented with the two following window prompts when uninstalling **
"Are you sure you want to completely remove Pulse Secure X.X and all of its components?" > Yes
"Save all current Pulse Secure configuration settings?" > No
- Once all Pulse Secure entries are removed, please restart your computer.
Installing the Updated Pulse Secure Client
- Navigate to myvpn.fgcu.edu and sign in using your Eagle Access ID
- Once signed in, find the Client Application Sessions section on the bottom of your page and select the Start option.
- You should be navigated to another page with a blue Download button. Click the Download button
- Run the installer as directed and you will then see the following:
- Select OK
- Now click the HERE link
- After clicking the HERE option, you should be navigated to a new page asking:
Open Pulse Secure Application Launcher? Select Open Pulse Secure Application Launcher
- You will be prompted to install the updated client and all supporting plugins for Pulse Secure
- Select Yes to install:
- Pulse Secure Component Manager
- Pulse secureinstaller.exe
- Pulse secureinstaller
- You should now have the most recent version of the Pulse Secure Client!