CRN Distribution Lists can be used by Students or Faculty to e-mail everyone in a specific class. These lists are generally generated 3 weeks before classes start and are only good for that semester.
The prefix for all CRN lists is “crn” followed by a "1" for Spring, "5" for Summer, and "8" for Fall semester. Here are some examples:
- Crn11501202101@eagle.fgcu.edu – This is for class 11501 in Spring 2021
- Crn57589202105@eagle.fgcu.edu – This is for class 57589 in Summer 2021
- Crn57589202005@eagle.fgcu.edu – This is for class 57589 in Summer 2020
- Crn89856202008@eagle.fgcu.edu – This is for class 89856 in Fall 2020
CRN lists are not kept for more than 3 semesters. If a professor wishes to contact a previous class, the most reliable way to do it is through Gulfline instead of using the distribution lists.
How to Email to a CRN List
- Obtain the CRN for the course you want to send an e-mail to.
- Add the term date to the email address.
- Write your e-mail and send it to email@example.com, replacing the number signs with the CRN and the term date.
CRNs are only kept for the current term, the future term (if registration has already been opened), and the last term. CRNs older than that will be deleted.