This article contains directions on how to add a FGCU Network Printer via the Directory. This article provides an alternative method to add a network printer in case it is not listed under Printers & Scanners.
1) Locate the name of the network printer that you want to add. This can be found on the printer itself and is formatted as follows: PRN-00000. For this example, we will be using PRN-00138.
2) Click on the Start menu which is typically located in the bottom left corner of the screen, which will look like a small Windows logo , and then click on “Settings”:
3) Once the Settings window appears, type in the search bar “Printers & Scanners” and then click on that option:
4) This will bring you to the following page where you will need to click “Add a printer or scanner”:
5) Once you have clicked on that, a list of printers will populate underneath. Since the printer is not listed there, you will need to scroll down until you see “The printer that I want isn’t listed” in blue font, and then you will need to click on that option:
6) This will open a new window, where you will want to select the second option “Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature” and then click the next button:
7) This will open a new window, where you will want to make sure that the “Location” field is cleared/blank before performing a search for the network printer that you would like to add:
8) Once the location field is cleared and is blank/empty, you will need to type in the name of the network printer you want to add in the “Name” field, using the following format PRN-00000. Then click on “Find Now”:
9) Next you will want to double click on the network printer that appears in the search results, which will begin the process of adding the printer to the Windows 10 device:
10) You should receive a message stating that the network printer has been successfully added, as seen below:
11) Next you will provided with an option to set this as the default printer for the device, if you would like. Then all that is left is to press the “Finish” button: