When an email account is compromised, you will need to check to ensure nothing was done to interrupt how you receive your emails. Once you are able to sign into your webmail, you must check your mail settings (Rules, Sweep, and Forwarding) to prevent further harm to your account and others.
Here are the steps on how to inspect Webmail email rules, sweep rules, and message forwarding.
- Go to https://outlook.com/fgcu.edu and log in using your FGCU credentials.
- Select the Settings button.
- Select the View all Outlook settings option.
- Under the Mail tab, select Rules and verify that there are no rules set to delete or move any email messages along with any other rules that you are unfamiliar with.
- Under the Mail tab, select Sweep and verify that there are no rules set that you are unfamiliar with.
- Under the Mail tab, select the Forwarding tab and verify that the Enable forwarding option is disabled.