This article will outline the steps on how to add a signature to Outlook in desktop client and web mail as well as the Microsoft Mobile app.
Outlook Desktop Application
- Open a new email message.
- From the top toolbar, select Signature > Signatures.
- Under Select signature to edit, choose New, and in the New Signature dialog box, type a name for the signature.
- Under Edit signature, compose your signature. You can change fonts, font colors, and sizes, as well as text alignment.
- Under Choose default signature, set the following options for your signature:
In the E-mail account drop-down box, choose an email account to associate with the signature. You can have different signatures for each email account.
If you want your signature added to all new messages by default, in the New messages drop-down box, select one of your signatures. If you don't want to automatically add a signature to new messages, choose (none). This doesn't add a signature to any messages you reply to or forward.
If you want your signature to appear in the messages you reply to and forward, in the Replies/forwards drop-down, select one of your signatures. Otherwise, accept the default option of (none).
6. Choose OK to save your new signature and return to your message.
Note: Outlook doesn't add your new signature to the message you opened in Step 1, even if you chose to apply the signature to all new messages. You'll have to add the signature manually to this one message. All future messages will have the signature added automatically. To add the signature manually, select Signature from the Message menu and then pick the signature you just created.
Add a Logo or Image to your Signature
If you have a company logo or an image to add to your signature, use the following steps.
- Open a new message and then select Signature> Signatures.
- In the Select signature to edit box, choose the signature you want to add a logo or image to.
- Select the Image icon , locate your image file, and select Insert.
- To resize your image, right-click the image, then choose Picture. Select the Size tab and use the options to resize your image. To keep the image proportions, make sure to keep the Lock aspect ratio checkbox checked.
- When you're done, select OK, then select OK again to save the changes to your signature.
Insert a Signature Manually
If you don't choose to insert a signature for all new messages or replies and forwards, you can still insert a signature manually.
- In your email message, on the Message tab, select Signature.
- Choose your signature from the fly-out menu that appears. If you have more than one signature, you can select any of the signatures you've created.
Outlook Web Application (Webmail)
- To log into Webmail open your web browser, go to webmail.fgcu.edu, and enter your email address and network password. You can also access Webmail from the FGCU main webpage by typing fgcu.edu into your web browser, click the Email link at the top right of the screen, and scroll down to Eagle Mail Login. You'll then be prompted for your email address and network password.
- Once logged into Webmail, click on the settings icon in the top right corner.
- Click on View All Outlook Settings at the bottom of the Settings window.
- Select Compose and reply.
- You can now enter the signature that you would like to add to emails that you send from Webmail. Place a check next to the appropriate boxes under the signature box.
Outlook Mobile App
Outlook App does not support HTML email signatures, It is text only
Open the Outlook App on your device. Tap the menu button from the top left.
Tap the settings gear icon on the bottom left of the menu.
When you’re in the settings menu, tap on the signature section.
Paste your new email signature into the text box provided and then tap the tick in the top right corner to save the signature.