An Authorized Account Requester (AAR) is a department point of contact who may submit a work order to Information Technology Services (ITS) to request network access for an employee.
As shown below, the forms on the left have been consolidated into the forms on the right:
|Old Forms||New Forms|
|New Account Request||Account Request|
|Change Account Request|
|Delete Account Request|
|Shared Mailbox Request||New Resource Request|
|Shared Folder Request|
|Multiple Account Renewal||Multiple Account Renewal|
FGCU employee accounts
The creation of a new employee's account is contingent upon completing the hiring process. This requires that the following paperwork has been completed and entered into Banner:
- EPAF (ties them to a current job)
- HR New Hire Form
Upon entry into Banner, the account will be created up to “X” amount of weeks before the POSITION start date.
*If request is entered earlier than the time period specified below, the employee account WILL NOT be created until it meets the criteria specified below:*
- Faculty and Adjuncts: up to six (6) weeks prior to start date.
- A&P, Support Personnel, OPS, OPS Student Workers, and Courtesy Faculty: up to two (2) weeks prior to start date.
To finalize account setup for a new employee, the AAR must request additional access to university resources such as private share folders or departmental email distribution lists for the user.
- No account expiration date
- Included in the “All Faculty/Staff” email distribution list by default (based on the employee’s job classification)
- Accounts have an expiration date and are renewable for up to 1 year at a time
- Adjuncts may be extended for up to two (2) semesters, expiring on the following dates: January 8th, May 15th or September 15th. Please fill out the “Multiple Account Renewal”form found here: Multiple Account Renewal
Requesting a new employee account
- Complete and submit an Account Request Form and select "New" as the "Request Type".
Requesting additional access (share folders/distribution lists/shared mailboxes):
- Complete & submit Account Request form and select "Change" as the "Request Type."
Requesting deletion of employee account
- Complete and submit Account Request form and select "Delete" as the "Request Type".
Employee changing jobs
- When an employee changes jobs, all network resources (department share folders, cross-department drives, etc., and membership on department distribution lists) will be removed on the effective date of the new position. They will receive an email informing them to contact their new AAR to submit an Account Request.
Contact the following department(s) to modify employee accounts as indicated:
- First Name (legal Name)
- Last Name (surname)
- Preferred first Name
- Name Suffix (i.e. Jr. Sr. or “II”)
- Job Classification (A&P, Support Personnel, Faculty, OPS, OPS Student Worker, Courtesy Faculty)
- Email Address
Please have the end user contact the HR records team at HRRecordsTeam@fgcu.edu for assistance.
- Office location
Please have the end user contact Telecommunications at Telecommunications@fgcu.edu or 239-590-1001 for assistance
Completing request forms
Once the appropriate form has been submitted/completed, both the AAR and the new employee will receive an email from Information Technology Services containing instructions on accessing the account.
New Resource Creation
If a New Resource [Shared Mailbox, Security Group, Distribution List] needs to be created, please use the following form: New Resource Request.
All users are encouraged to enroll in the FGCU password reset site at https://passwordreset.fgcu.edu. Upon enrollment, an employee may reset their password at any time. Alternatively, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 239-590-1188.
Who is eligible to be an AAR? All Deans and Directors are automatically AARs. Additional personnel may also be appointed as an AAR by the Dean/Director. An updated list of appointed AARs can be found at: List of AAR's
- For assistance, please contact the University Help Desk via email@example.com or by calling (239) 590-1188.
(AAR) - Authorized Account Requester